Name:
Location: Tallahassee - Miami, Florida, United States

Just a guy who loves coffee and shares coffee.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

my Cathedral

I needed to get away because with every day that passed I was convincing myself that I did not want to be here, that I could not do it. I needed to get away because God had to remind me that He was still here and that I had to listen.

I went hiking in Providence Canyon in Georgia this weekend with my roomate Caleb. We hiked 18 miles.

The first night I realized that I had spent the entire day without thinking back to Tallahassee, Miami, work, friends, nothing. I had managed for the first time in a long time to clear my mind. And this brought me peace.

On the last night I started to think about work. But I wasn't thinking about what had to get done. My thoughts were on the fact that I felt refreshed. That God had given me the rest my soul had been needing for so long. And I looked forward to getting back and finishing my work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got that release this weekend, too! It was FABULOUS and WAY overdue. Especially when I have such beauty in my backyard. Glad to hear someone else got to clear their mind, too.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home