Name:
Location: Tallahassee - Miami, Florida, United States

Just a guy who loves coffee and shares coffee.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Watch the Stars

So my time in Tallahassee has come full circle. It was a good time of growth and development. It was a time of discovering who I am and who God wants me to be.

When I first came to Tallahassee I found myself in a community of people who sought after God, who were challenged by his call to us, who desired a new way of living and following and serving; a group that believed that another life was possible, right here, right now.

I have had other friends and other circles since then but as this stage of my life ends I find myself in that community again.

Tonight I went to Lake Jackson. I went with friends who love Jesus; friends who's passion is to live free from what convention tells us we need and as a result truly live freely. We sang. We prayed. We watched the stars (though they weren't falling) and we played with our dog Thelma. I say our dog because we are a community.

I thought I would be sad and while I have had many moments of tears and fears I am at peace tonight. Driving back to town I looked at the car and I saw my family. I had a desire to drive to California and spend days, months, years with them. And I believe I will.

To Ashley, Josh, Travis, Michael, Fisher-Price, and the Honorable Order of the Coffee Bean and the many others who will join these amazing people, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home