Name:
Location: Tallahassee - Miami, Florida, United States

Just a guy who loves coffee and shares coffee.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Germany

Not since the Summer of 2005 have I been to Germany. Five summers before that I went annually with a Christian singing group through the Baptist Colliegiate Ministry at FSU called Undivided.

This Thursday I go back.

I am going with Undivided although this time I go in an entirely different role. I will not be singing. I am going as a patriarch of sorts. I will be leadingt he group every morning in a time of calling to mission. I will be a voice of encouragement, admonishment, and love. I will be there to guide and support. But mainly, I will be there to help them return to Jesus as often as possible.

I have been needing a break. Even after resigning from management at the Coffee Pub, I still don't feel like I've been allowed to be free of it. Perhaps it is my fault. I kept a job there. But several weeks away, serving God as my only purpose, as the only thing worth living for, sounds just like what my soul needs.

I hope I will have access to the internet often so that I can update any readers I still have. Thank you for reading. Thank you for listening. Thank you for praying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you over the next several weeks. I am a wee bit jealous, as I would love the experience of this type of soul reconnection with God. I believe it will be a great thing! Enjoy God. Have fun. :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger mdwinn said...

hey bra, we are in honolulu and i thought i would check in on you. sorry to hear about the coffee pub, but very excited about the germany gig.

i have often thought of you and rj this week, even in hawaii.

funny enough we are staying in the bcm house on UofHawaii. our friends are the directors. the students are out on break right now. it is very beautiful here.

hope to see you when we get back.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home