Name:
Location: Tallahassee - Miami, Florida, United States

Just a guy who loves coffee and shares coffee.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

about this blog and muppets

When I began .:making sense of what i got:. my intention was for this to be a blog about what God is doing in my life and in the lives around me, how it is affecting the universe I spin around in, and how amazing it all is. It was not suppossed to be a blog where I can vent my frustrations, etc; however, there are certain times and feelings which are a part of my spiritual journey and are responses to unceasing prayer even though they may be dealing with relationships (with girls or friends) etc.

With that disclaimer, and with another one in the next few sentences, there is a song from a show cast entirely by muppets which really says a whole lot. It says it perfectly to be exact:

There's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend;
There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend;
And you never know 'til you reach the top if it was worth the uphill climb.

There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.

There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie;
And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
I guess if someone doesn't love you back it isn't such a crime,
But there's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of your time.

And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore.
I don't think that you even know what you're looking for.
For my own sanity, I've got to close the door
And walk away...
Oh...

There's a fine, fine line between together and not
And there's a fine, fine line between what you wanted and what you got.
You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime...

There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger mdwinn said...

wow, man that was really beautifully written. It is quite obvious that you are writing from the wound of your soul.

Even in pain we know we are alive.

May you find His face shine upon you during your time of reflection.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home