Name:
Location: Tallahassee - Miami, Florida, United States

Just a guy who loves coffee and shares coffee.

Monday, July 10, 2006

is this thing on?

Wow. Been a bit dead in the blogging world, eh?

I have been in a weird funk lately. Satan seems to really work hard on me sometimes, and the way he gets at me is through feelings of loneliness and insecurity. I start to worry that I am a terrible friend, that I am a burden. I used to joke with my friend Aly that one day I was going to dig a hole in the ground and hide in there, where I couldn't be a bad friend to anyone any more.

Those are the thoughts that Satan has been throwing at me. Add to that the stresses which I tend to hide concerning the Coffee Pub. It is an exciting time, but that means a whole lot of work, and a lot is riding on RJ and me. Now, God is good and we are so not alone in this; and if we truly think about this, none of it rests entirely on our shoulder. However, the brain has a funny way of blowing things out of proportion when it can't respond to reality.

And that's where I end up with the feelings about loneliness and fear that I my friends have had enough of me.

Tonight, in our Parish, we discussed something that I am aware of but rarely accept it as a reality that I allow to exist. God is always present. Heck, I preached on it this past Sunday. We can't invite God in, because God is already here. It US who shows up. It is encouraging to remember that even when I begin to let Satan twist my brain activity, that God is right there reminding me to ignore that liar.

and if I refuse to listen to God, I can still use that to make me a better friend, right? That way, good can come out of what Satan was trying to destroy. Ha! I'll show that bastard!

Well, until the next fit of blogging energy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

When I read, "It is US who shows up," I auto-corrected the noun/verb agreement in my head, but realized that the alleged error has some value to it. The way you wrote it, you assume "us" is singular. In the case of a meeting of believers, it should be singular:).
Satan's favorite ploy with me is the same exact thing. Read my last few blogs, you'll get the picture. I'm not as quick to "get it" as you are. I have to be a girl and cry a lot first.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home